Friday, August 24, 2012

First Week Recap / Update

I'm guessing you are either really happy to have yet another update regarding the art classes so far this school year or you are really sick of getting so much information from me already.

Well, either way, don't get used to it.
Really I'm just quite pleased with the way the first week has played out, and I want you to get used to going to the class site and the class blog.

In other words, I'm going to continue to give updates here and keep everyone posted on the class calendar, but I don't usually email this often.

So what has happened this week? Grab a cup of tea, sit back, and let me wow you with the amazing-ness that is are the art classes.


We have drawn stuff.
I know, fascinating. You can thank me for the fantastic nature of my teaching at back to school night!

I have taken money from children.
So much fun. One of my favorite things to do.

Aren't you jealous you are not in my art class? See what you are missing out on?!


In all seriousness, though...
Yes, almost everyone has provided the materials cost thus far. Thank you thank you thank you. This allows me to pay the debts the school has accrued while purchasing all of the supplies for the year.
If your kid(s) have not told you what they have received in exchange for their parent's hard earned dollars, ask them.
It is not money for nothing.

Everyone has turned something in to me (except the Art 4's) so far, and I know pretty much everyone's name - which I am very proud of.
Granted, I will likely forget some of the Art 1 names come Monday, but I am trying and doing my homework. For real.

The beginning of the year is all about learning how to see, learning tricks of the trade of representational drawing, and reinforcing known skills (or learning new ones). I have asked all of the students to draw from observation and many of them to draw from memory so far.
There are no grades yet, but those are coming (check Aeries for that).

Don't forget to mark your calendars for Back to School Night, which is coming up on Thurs., Sept. 6th. I believe it begins at 7, but don't quote me on that. You should come join me so you know the ridiculousness you allow your kids to be subjected to while in my class every other day (though I like to think of it as awesome-ness, I'll let you be the judge).
Plus, if I have to give up my evening to be here, you might as well join me. I mean really, what better things do you have to do on a Thursday night?

(For those of you who don't know me, that is supposed to be a joke, but I'm having a difficult time finding the "sarcastic" font here in blogger. I love meeting you all and truly look forward to that night every year.)

If you have any other questions, please email me.
Please do not call me and leave a voice mail. (This line is not a joke.)

True story, I just checked my voice mail two days ago and I had more than fifteen messages dating back to November of 2011. Yes, almost one year ago.
I rarely check my voice mail, but I am pretty stellar at getting back to emails. Just saying.

Since this is getting long and I am feeling lazy, I will sign off now. I hope you have a fantabulous weekend, and I'm sure your not-at-all-surly-teenager will be happy to fill you in on all the details of this exhausting week.

No comments:

Post a Comment