Friday, September 9, 2016

Some Parent Information

A big thank you to all that came out last night for back to school night, and a happy Friday to everyone!
If you missed last night, some of the particulars from the evening will be added below.
We are well into the year and I'm getting more grades in as of this afternoon. As I said, I am a big Canvas believer/user, so if you ever have questions about anything, that is the place to check.

I mentioned a couple of fabulous books, so here they are again,
How To Raise An Adult by Julie Lythcott-Haims
Why Do They Act That Way by David Walsh
and
Where You Go Is Not Who You'll Be by Frank Bruni

If you want to rewatch the film clip I was in - or see the entire thing, you can find that HERE.
Again, yesterday was the first time I saw it, so I'm still digesting how it got edited. If you have any thoughts I would love to hear them.

If you are interested in seeing/revisiting the 11 Commandments, those are HERE.

From my perspective it has been a really wonderful beginning to the year. Your kids are working hard and I am enjoying more time with my advanced students while equally enjoying the work and personalities of my hard working Art 1 folks.

Don't forget to follow along online with @misterthad if you want here and there glimpses of the classroom (I posted a bit from some Art 4 students on my instagram story this morning, for example).

Let's have a great year...all signs point towards a stellar one, so I'm pretty excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment