Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Roadworks and National Portfolio Day

As you probably already saw on fb, I officially put the date for this year's Roadworks even on my calendar today.
If you don't know what I'm talking about, you can get the official scoop here, or just keep reading.
San Francisco Center for the Book blocks off a street next to their facility and runs a steamroller over a bunch of linocuts - some as big as 4'x4' - yes, that's feet. There are vendors on the street and hands on stuff for kids of all ages - meaning old people like me and you.
I've done foam printing and letterpress and even come home with a collaborative little book thingy before.
It's fun.
Check it out.

Also, I got my first mailing discussing National Portfolio Day today.
Again, if you don't know what I'm talking about, find more information here.
The date is Jan., 14th, 2012. It's a good thing for juniors and seniors to go to, especially if you are thinking about applying to an art school, have applied to an art school, or are looking for information because you're thinking about maybe applying to an art school.
Yes, you need to bring samples of your work.
Ideally you will make them look all pretty, in your big black portfolio.

Questions on either of these? You know where to find me.

No comments:

Post a Comment