Friday, August 21, 2009

Welcome!

As the beginning of another year is now upon us, let me take a moment to welcome everyone to the initial lghsart blog post.
Officially, welcome! I'm expecting great things out of everyone this year, as usual, and am ready to get started.
As you should already know, we are moving to block scheduling this year, so each class will be 90 minutes in duration. This should provide us all with the opportunity to get further into our tasks in each period, but also allow for a bit more variety in terms of what we do throughout the year.
My goal for this blog is mostly as a forum to update everyone on events that I announce/post in class - but might get forgotten or not have the information reach home. I get really busy throughout the year with teaching and committee duties, but I will try and put updates out every couple of weeks.
They could be long and rambling, as this one is, or short and to the point. If there is ever a question, definitely email me at tsmith@lgsuhsd.org and I will get to you as soon as I can.
Two big things before I sign off so I can enjoy my weekend...
One - I will be sharing the Art I duties with Mrs. Christie this year. So an official welcome to her as she shares her talents not just with the sculpture students, but with the drawing/painting students, too.
Two - As usual, the materials cost will be due this first week of school. The sooner you can bring it in, the better. If there are any questions concerning this, please email me.
For now I'll sign off with a quote from a very influential 20th century German artist, Joseph Beuys: "Everyone is an artist."

No comments:

Post a Comment