Well, I want another break, but I feel the pressure of finishing the semester strong and continuing to get a lot of stuff done.
So here is what you, Art 2's, need to know for the remainder of the semester.
First, keep checking the calendar to keep up with the due dates.
We will work on our advertising project for a few class periods, and you have until Tuesday, Dec. 10th to finish it. That is 4.5 hours of class time - give or take.
- make it visually appealing
- include hand-drawn typography
- encourage students to take art - or at the very least, pique their interest
- use different parts of ads/ad styles from your assigned decade for inspiration
- have thumbnail sketches in your sketchbook
- print out some inspirational pieces and tape them into your sketchbook
Extra Credit for this semester will be due before you leave class on Monday, 12/16.
You have two options for this extra credit.
- take a study drawing you have completed this semester and have a do-over;
- meaning, think about what didn't work; how can you make it better; was it the idea you liked, but the execution suffered; was it just straight up rushed; etc.
- you must include the original study drawing as well as the new one, side by side
- take one of the ideas from the back of your study drawing sheet (section 5) that we haven't gotten to yet, do one of those topics.
I will say this though: they need to be awesome. For real.
If I am giving you extra credit I expect you to really go above and beyond. Wow me. Turning in your average pencil line drawing isn't going to cut it. If you turn something in I will give you extra credit, but I will give you more extra credit the more fantastic it is.
Also know that you may get class time to work on this, but don't count on it. We still have other things to cover that are not yet on the calendar so you will probably need to count on doing the extra credit outside of class.