Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Art 4 Portfolio Project

As you already have notes on photographing - properly! - your art from last semester, and you are in your final semester of art education here at good ol' lg, it's time to begin pulling together pieces and looking at what you have.
And yes, thinking about all that you have done - and why.

Sounds fun, right? Yes, I know.

Here's what I would like for you to include, and there are two parts.
First, the visual component. Please include:
  • 10-20 pieces (these should be photographed with the background cropped out)
  • give me individual photo files
  • give me an electronic presentation (that blows me away)
  • give me a cd with all electronic files on it - including statement, see below, or, alternatively, send me a link through a site such as mediafire so that I get ALL of the information all at once.
  • print 8x10" hard copies of each of your images
  • bind/present these hard copies in an interesting way - a 1/2" binder with plastic pages works well, just sayin'
  • include an "artists" statement - this should be 3-5 paragraphs of 3-5 sentences each discussing your experiences in art for four years, what you get from art/have gotten from it, why you make it/where does your drive and passion come from, and where you see art in your future life
Oh, this is due on Friday January 27th.

No comments:

Post a Comment